Today i had to investigate one issue in JIRA with my custom listener plugin and for this i opened logs. For me it was an unpleasant surprise to see tons of exceptions with one main problem :
FieldValidationException: Not a valid URL . In our projects we had 3 different custom URL fields and all of them by default were empty. We needed them in couple rare cases and didn't want to fill in with anything by default. It looks like that didn't work well for JIRA and to make this problem go away, i did next :
- Go to Admin -> Custom Fields
- Find your field and click Configure option
http://blankas a default value
- Save it
That's it. After this, exceptions were gone and i didn't have it anymore. Not the neatest solution, but that makes logs clean and for me it's more important at this point.